Friday, September 16, 2011

Tel Aviv Fashion Weekend


Let's call it fate that the Tel Aviv Fashion Weekend has aligned perfectly with my birthday coming up this weekend. In fact, it's TODAY! My husband said it was up to me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I think I know exactly where I'm going to be.



This weekend, at the Tel Aviv HaTachana Old Rail Station, it's the annual event called Tel Aviv Fashion Weekend. From September 15-17, 2011 the grounds will be open with some of the latest and greatest fashions and retailers from around Israel.



HaTachana has become one of Tel Aviv's hottest tourist spots over the last year (please see my previous post here). With its own plethora of cute designer boutiques, it's quite appropriate for the HaTachana to host the events for this year's Tel Aviv Fashion Weekend.



Some 50 designers will be around to present their works, including some of Israel's most well-known designers as well as some up-and-coming designers from around the country. 

   



You will also be able to capture a variety of exhibitions over the weekend including the works of top art students in the fields of fashion, art, photography and video art. There will also be some typical HaTachana musical performances to set the mood including jazz and acoustic freestyle. 



There are many great restaurants on the grounds of HaTachana so choosing where to eat will not be a problem. Additionally, just across the street is Manta Ray, a highly acclaimed seafood dining experience on the beautiful Mediterranean coast.

     



The Tel Aviv Fashion Weekend will open up on Thursday from 5 pm - 11 pm, continuing onto Friday from 10 am to 7 pm, and then finishing up on Saturday between the hours of 10 am and 10 pm. 

 

 

    

Be sure to make a pit-stop at Tel Aviv's Fashion Weekend. You just might find something cute to take home! I'm hoping to find something cute for myself in honor of my birthday.

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.