Thursday, October 13, 2011

Paris Ooh-La-La

The time has come for my husband and I to begin making our journey back to Israel. After being home for three lovely weeks in my hometown of San Diego (of which there are several other posts yet to come), it is now time for us to hop on a plane and head back to our home in Israel. Anyone who knows me well knows that I will always find a way to work in a travel excursion to any long-distance flight, and so this flight back to the Middle East is no exception. Today, we will leave our California  home behind and fly across the Atlantic Ocean over to Paris.


It's going to be a quick visit, we are there for just one night. So, here's hoping for sunshine on our one free day in the city of love.  Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees, here we come. 
 
      

   

The last time I was in Paris, I was a little girl. I vividly remember standing outside the towering Eiffel Tower, slurping down a ice-cold Orangina with my dad on a hot summer day. This time, I will be joining my husband where we will make a return visit to that famous Parisian spectacle, known the world over:


I'm hoping to have time for a visit a quintessential Parisian garden, perhaps the Luxembourg Gardens in central Paris. There's nothing I love more than a stroll through a lovely, fragrant garden...one that makes you ooh and awe as you walk on and on.


   

We won't have enough time to visit the palace and gardens at Versailles, which is a major shame. It's really something to see while on a visit to Paris. If you've never been, here are a few images of this spectacular architectural masterpiece:



 

And then there's always the Parisian fashion and food scene. Walking down the streets of Paris, your head will surely turn, not only at storefronts and their fashionable belongings, but also at the women of Paris who always dressed to the nines. Equally as appealing are the inviting street cafes and windows full of delicious treats.

 

         
 
There won't be time for a visit to Giverny, famous for being home to Claude Monet's household and stunning gardens from which came his most famous paintings of lilypads and reminiscent bridges. I guess we'll have to make a return visit someday soon.

 
 

No matter what we do during our quick trip to Paris, I'm sure we'll have a lovely time. Soon after, we'll be off to the second stopover on our return. Stay tuned for details. Au revoir!

2 comments:

  1. You probably don't remember, but when you & your sisters were much younger, we schlepped you ALL over Paris on foot, as you did with Rafi! One of my favorite places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My memories are vague and scattered since I was young, but I do remember vividly drinking an Orangina with Daddy outside of the Eiffel Tower. I also remember eating French Fries at a Paris McDonald's and seeing the Arc de Triomphe. Funny what we remember as kids!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.